It's One of Those Days...


Photo credit: Curtis MacNewton / Foter.com / CC BY-NC-ND
One of those days when you want to just sit and stare at your desk and look - with a whole lot of undivided attention and ardent focus - at one particular pixel on the monitor.

Or probably, it's just that day when you let your thoughts float right out of your head - as if they were trays sliding out of an oven once the timer went off. Once out, you take a good look at how well they have baked what's in them into a deep shade of golden brown and smile at that achievement.

Yes, it's one of those days wherein I want to do nothing at all! Donald Trump can afford to do that of course. Which is why we have so much of pristine pure swill pouring out of his mouth at a stupendous rate. It's all because doing nothing - to him - is a reason to exercise his acrimonious tongue in ways not exactly beneficial for humankind.

I too can afford to do nothing at all! Once I fill my bank account with six crores that is. That is a sure fire way of putting financial insecurity out of a job and putting me in the frequent flyer programs of many an airline starving of passengers to fill their planes.

Photo credit: milesgehm / Foter.com / CC BY
But, right now, those six crores are at an airport somewhere in the future perhaps. Or probably, they are in a galaxy close by. It may also be possible that some forgotten distant relative of mine got super rich, was dazzled by my 32 horses, and left me a crore for each of those horses in his or her will.

However, even that - even if that were true - doesn't make it easy on me.

You see, the relative has to die first. Then a lawyer has to read the will, the relative's near and dear ones have to gasp in surprise and horror that they have got peanuts as compared to my vineyard, those near and dear ones will file a lawsuit or a counterclaim or whatever they want to call it, three score years and another 20 will pass (and God alone knows how many years does all that amount to!), and then some of the black strands of my hair will manage to see some of the first batch of those crores.

Whew! Putting all that down left me breathless! Wait a minute - let me sigh and drink a glass of water - wine is nowhere close enough for my legs to run to.
....

Okay, I'm done with all the sighing and drinking. So let me return to what I was saying. Ah yes, putting all that down left me breathless. Can you imagine my state when I have to enact all of that (if at all it comes to that that is)?

Photo credit: State Library of Queensland, Australia / 
Foter.com / No known copyright restrictions
All that aside, my near and dear ones will suddenly start to really really act near and dear. I don't think I like that. I mean I welcome change but I prefer these specimens to be hypocrites. After all someone has to carry on the task of personifying hypocrisy else that word will go out of circulation! See, if hypocrisy were to be an animal, it would have been far simple. All we would have to do is house a pair of them in the zoo and make them copulate to give birth to some hypocrite-lets! But no, that is not to be.

So, in the name of hypocrisy, and for the survival of that word, I don't think I want all those crores. Well, not 32 at least.

Six will do. :-)

Yes, it's one of those days. One of those that have me inspecting the quality of golden brown floating in my head. And I think, so far, that shade has passed muster and flown off with colours apt for a flight of sorts. :-)

Comments