In from The Beyond

Well, hello again! Hello? Yoo hoo?! Is anyone here?

Well, I won't blame anyone for running away from here. I myself ran - away and beyond the hills that climbed into my senses. I climbed the halls of the Earth that led down to the heavens of lava and well, I disappeared.

Several months covered my tracks and not one of them let go a trace of me from their sheets.

Photo credit: vpickering / Foter.com / CC BY-NC-ND
But well, I believe in the Catholic faith you see. The one that says that after:

  • All your relatives - the ones relatively closer to you than the ones who giggle during your funeral mass - cry and put Wagner and his operas to shame 
  • The ones who blow their noses into their hankies and 'reveal' that you were not the ideal son and that "he harassed his parents!" without knowing who harassed whom, 
You rise from your grave - Reid and Taylor suit and all!


It seems when that happens, you look absolutely radiant, bypass heaven's security, and go on to sing Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring along with Yahweh's choir. Apparently, Yahweh is always looking for singers. He doesn't seem satisfied with the texture and tone of the ones who have put in a thousand years singing the same damned melody over and over again every time he sends someone from heaven down to earth to 'warn' and 'chastise' his 'children'!
Photo credit: Alexander Rabb via Foter.com / CC BY-NC-ND

Well, I haven't died as yet. Luckily, it has not yet come to that. Not yet. But hibernate I did. For more than the number of months it takes for a baby to plonk out of a mother!

So, well, here I am - all over again. Aunt Geraldine is fine - just in case anyone is wondering how she is. The usual aches and pains persist of course. And the pangs of seeing society brutalising old-fashioned values do manage to make her whine quite a lot.

All that aside, she's the usual Aunt Geraldine. :-)

She does not convey her regards, but I will pretend she has. And I will pretend there's at least one lonely soul reading all this. :-)

And to that soul, I say hello! And thank you for reading this all. You will hear more from me this year. I promise - not the promise I made last year. But one I will keep.

For I have already slept enough and walked all those jeering miles.
And now, I am speeding on in my 1964 Red Mustang!




Comments

K.B. said…
Yes indeed ...
One soul is reading this :-)
K.B.